not-Olivia

not-Olivia
This sweetie turned out not to be Olivia, but a picture like this with Olivia would be identical.

Sweet, lovey Livvie

Sweet, lovey Livvie
My favorite picture of Olivia

Monday, August 27, 2012

No News...

Several months have now elapsed since our last credible Olivia-sighting.  We have gone up to six months before without a sighting and then come back strong, but I am not sure that will happen this time.  A few of the most recent sightings reported that Olivia was - much to my surprise - in the company of a human!  Our last track seemed consistent with that, so someone may have taken her in.  While this is comforting in the sense that her new human could be providing her with the food, shelter, care, and love she needs, I wish there were some way to verify this.  That way, I could end the search that has dominated my life for the past two years and, more importantly, know that she is and will remain safe and sound. No news might be good news, but it might not; but good news would definitely be good news (obviously), so I continue to hope for that.

On the off chance that the human lucky enough to be with Olivia is reading this, I ask that you please let me know she is ok and, more importantly, please (please!) take good care of her and give her all the love she so very much deserves.  

In any case, I plan to continue the search, even if it is in a lull right now.  I have checked relatively recently that many of the posters are still up in the areas of the last sightings and tracks, and I still field some calls that express interest, occasional sympathy, and sometimes information that unfortunately does not really help.  Maybe one of these days, though, one of the calls will be a new, legitimate sighting and we can get back to making progress toward finding her.  

In the meantime, I wonder.... Time and again, though, she has shown herself to be an incredibly resourceful, amazing survivor; so I continue to hope and trust that she is ok.

4 comments:

James said...

Hi - I posted a link to your Blog at The Mastiff Community - is that OK?

I hope it helps!

The Mastiff Community: http://www.vorts.com/mastiffs/

Thanks,
James Kaufman, Editor

Molly said...

Do you think posting new full color signs in the areas where she was last spotted might hint to the person you're just wanting an update?
You know, if you really wanted her, that since dogs are considered property, you could have her returned to you. (I know she isn't 'just' property...I only want to mention that since you'd have the law on your side to get her back if you really wanted.)

Céline said...

Molly is right. Unfortunately pets are considered property and in that case there could be good reason to get Olivia back.

Place posters outside, Vets offices, community centers, super stores, any stores etc...and this person might see them and have it in her heart to return Olivia to her rightful guardian.

Don't give up. Many people are still willing to help and have Olivia back to you soon. She can be returned with the right steps to take.

I wish you all the best. You and Olivia are always in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

A lot of people have seen the signs, and gone on to this web site, so if she is out and about I think you'll eventually get a call. We have a picture in our minds and know where to go if we see something and want to report something to you.